Global market intelligence firm IDC recently released their report, “IDC MarketScape: Worldwide eDiscovery SaaS Review Software 2019 Vendor Assessment,” and they had some nice things to say about Exterro.
IDC broke down several providers of e-discovery software, and placed Exterro in the “leaders” category. The report noted that Exterro “has a robust portfolio outside of e-discovery review” and, with our acquisition of leading privacy firm Jordan Lawrence, has added “compliance and privacy management tools” to our platform. In addition, they highlighted a few of Exterro’s strengths:
- Security. As the only e-discovery tool that has achieved FedRAMP certification, the Exterro platform sets itself apart from other providers in this area.
- Adjacent use cases. Although the report highlights Exterro’s functionality around FOIA requests specifically, it also states that the platform “provides more than just traditional e-discovery use cases and now offers compliance and privacy functions under different product umbrellas but within the same corporate umbrella.” Businesses are able to utilize the Exterro platform as a full-scope data management system across their enterprise.
- Review prioritization. According to the report, Exterro “provides one of the most robust smart labeling functions” which is based on strong artificial intelligence functions like continuous active learning. This helps prioritize documents for review, and pushes the user toward the most relevant documents during the review process.
While reviewing e-discovery providers, IDC followed a specific set of criteria for vendors to be successful with this type of software solution. IDC says that critical factors are:
- A vast network of data connectors
- An emphasis on cybersecurity due to help prevent data breaches
- Transparent or fixed pricing
- Strong analytics and machine learning
- A nimble platform that can provide more than just e-discovery functions
- Fast scaling capability with no latency issues so that users can more easily meet their deadlines
Anyone familiar with the Exterro platform is probably aware that this just scratches the surface for how your organization can utilize our data management software. To read the full IDC MarketScape Report, click the banner below.