Even in 2016, the myth of tension and misunderstanding between Information Technology (IT) and corporate law departments persists. As technology proliferation accelerates, data sets move to the cloud, and personally owned computing devices (BYOD) are adopted into the corporate culture, advancing the IT/Legal partnership becomes even more essential.
Follow this 6 step recipe for a mutually beneficial IT/Legal relationship.
- Educate your GC on the Importance of Developing a Relationship with IT
- Define Roles and Responsibilities between IT/Legal
- Build Personal Relationships
- Schedule Monthly Meetings between Teams
- Create a Universal Tracking System for Discovery Requests
- Document and Consistently Define/Refine Discovery Processes
Download the Resource