Product advancements and technology partnerships with Catalyst, CommVault, Hitachi Data Systems and kCura being showcased this week at LegalTech New York 2012
PORTLAND, Ore., January 30, 2012 - Exterro®, the leading provider of workflow-driven electronic discovery software, today unveiled the newest upgrades to the Exterro® e-discovery suite. The upgrades deliver advanced data management and process control throughout all phases of e-discovery from preservation through production. To meet growing demand for integrating Exterros powerful workflow management capabilities with leading e-discovery and preservation tools, the company also announced new partnerships with technology providers, including kCura, Catalyst, CommVault and Hitachi Data Systems. The partnerships and upgrades to Exterro are being showcased this week at LegalTech New York 2012.
As corporations continue their quest to control legal spend and bring more of the e-discovery process in-house, they are demanding advanced technology that allows their teams to manage all of the moving parts of e-discovery from one unified platform, said Bobby Balachandran, president and CEO of Exterro. The Exterro platform answers this call at all levels. We are committed to investing in and expanding the robust capabilities of Fusion and growing our industry partnerships to meet ongoing market demands.
Advancing E-Discovery Management in One Unified Platform
The Exterro e-discovery software platform enables legal teams to establish consistent, repeatable business processes for managing complex caseloads. The new advancements to the Fusion suite include:
Upgraded data management and search features:
- Expanded foreign language search capabilities to more effectively identify ESI during collection
- Enhanced data production capabilities with improved exception handling features
- Upgraded conceptual search across collected data sets to unearth evidence similar to the search query and not as easily found with traditional keyword searches
Increased data privacy compliance:
- Advanced EU compliance options that allow for the creation of custom templates to ensure compliance with all EU personal data protection laws
Enhanced project management/workflow capabilities:
- Self-contained, actionable emails that enable approval of legal holds for issuance to custodians, acknowledgement, etc. without having to log into Fusion
- Powerful decision tree workflows that allow users to easily bypass steps in the e-discovery workflow, depending upon the need for that particular matter
- 1-click submission of project initiation requests that allows users to easily create project requests as required, along with the specifications to assign a project/IT manager
- Updated reporting interface that delivers quicker, easier production of management and status reports and dashboards
Advanced third-party system integration:
- 40+ new third-party connectors that enable Fusion to crawl and collect responsive files from content-centric systems, such as archiving systems, document management and content management repositories including Microsofts Business Productivity Online Suite (BPOS) and Gmail
Integrating Leading Third-Party Solutions for Advanced E-Discovery Workflows
According to recent reports by Gartner and other analyst firms, corporations are becoming much smarter about e-discovery technology and the need to integrate it into core business practices. The Exterro platform offers a dynamic integration engine that allows organizations to leverage existing IT investments (e.g. content management and HR systems) and preferred e-discovery point solutions on one unified platform. Exterro is proactively working with the following new partners to make this integration seamless in the following areas:
E-Discovery Review Management
- Catalyst and Exterro have partnered to streamline the passing of preserved and collected evidence for secure external review. Through one integrated approach, users can export data preserved, analyzed, collected and processed in Fusion to Catalysts secure, web-based repository for final review and production. The integration between the two applications will reduce duplicated work, mitigate risks and reduce discovery costs.
- kCura and Exterro have partnered to develop a seamless integration of Exterro with kCuras Relativity. Users will be able to transfer electronically stored information (ESI) to and from Fusion and Relativity with one single press of a button, while maintaining a full view into the data flows, audit logs and review status in Fusion.
Information Governance Integration
- Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) and Exterro have partnered to address the growing need of todays corporate legal and IT departments for integrated e-discovery and information governance technologies. Exterro® has been integrated with HDS Data Discovery Suite to deliver a powerful, unified solution for seamlessly managing legal compliance requirements and e-discovery. Together, the two applications will enable legal and IT teams to more effectively orchestrate legal holds, proactively index and manage ESI for early case assessment (ECA), collect ESI from diverse data sources and deploy efficient e-discovery workflows.
- CommVault and Exterro have joined forces to deliver a comprehensive approach for e-discovery management and early case assessment (ECA). The integration of Exterro with CommVault® Simpana® helps ensure ESI is accurately preserved when a litigation hold is issued and proactively indexed to expedite ECA, collection and processing.
Exterro is providing demonstrations of the Fusion e-discovery software suite at LegalTech New York, taking place Jan. 30 to Feb. 1, 2012, at the Hilton New York. Demonstrations are available at Exterros booth, #331, or via appointment in the companys private demo suite. For more information, visit Exterros website at www.exterro.com or email the company at email@example.com.
Exterro was founded with the simple vision that applying the concepts of process optimization and data science to how companies manage digital information and respond to litigation would drive more successful outcomes at a lower cost. We remain committed to this vision today as we deliver a fully integrated Legal GRC platform that enables our clients to address their regulatory, compliance and litigation risks more effectively and at lower costs. With software solutions that span privacy, legal operations, compliance, cybersecurity and information governance, Exterro helps some of the world’s largest organizations work smarter and more efficiently. For more information, visit exterro.com.
Ron J. Rambo Jr.
Marketing Content & Communications Manager