Fusion Zeta™ makes it easy to move immediately from a collection scenario to preservation and collection to Fusion’s secure ESI vault. Collections can be initiated from several points within Fusion including: Legal Hold, Discovery Workflow, Collection Management, or Zeta itself. Fusion Zeta™ ensures Defensibility with just a single click.
The same transitory agent/agentless and deNISTing technology that Fusion Zeta™ uses to efficiently scan data sources applies to evidence preservation and collection. Users can even Deep Scan and Preserve/Cull/Collect in a single operation. Fusion Zeta’s collection process immediately identifies document duplicates and stores only unique versions in the Fusion ESI Vault. Metadata on detected duplicates are added to the ESI Vault, to assist in tracking document copies creation dates, and their ties to custodians. This keeps downstream analysis and review highly efficient.
- Dynamic Culling: After identifying relevant custodians, keywords, and additional filtering criteria, users can use this information to automatically cull irrelevant data in from an ESI collection. Fusion’s agentless collector de-dupes, culls and collects data in one streamlined process, enabling a collection of only potentially relevant information for storage in the ESI Vault. Fusion Zeta’s multiple culling options within ECA and collection fast forwards to an efficient first pass review without being bogged down by irrelevant documents.
Fusion Zeta™ makes every effort to limit the bandwidth impact on corporate networks incurred from large collections. In addition to eliminating duplicates and collecting only those documents responsive to search criteria, the Fusion administrator can calibrate system-wide performance by:
- Setting a maximum throttle rate to prevent search and collection activity from disrupting target machines or drawing attention to itself
- Setting bandwidth limits on collection uploads to the ESI Vault
- Scheduling Deep Scans and collections for off-peak hours
- Using checkpoint/restart techniques on collections to avoid having to restart an interrupted transfer
- Automatically optimizing the number of collection threads based on observed network traffic behavior
Network Security and Integrity: Since the data involved in e-discovery is often highly sensitive, Fusion Zeta™ takes extra steps to securely transmit Deep Scan indices and collected information over an encrypted link. Fusion’s security framework authenticates connection requests and enforces confidentiality using symmetric cryptography. A document’s MD-5 hash is compared before and after delivery to ensure no changes to potential evidence have occurred.
Manual Collection: Fusion Zeta’s Spot Collector handles cases where a custodian’s laptop is infrequently connected to the corporate network. Spot Collector retrieves potentially responsive information via a pre-configured collection file with a simple wizard-driven user interface. Custodians or discovery team members merely collect the information on any USB storage device and then move the results to the ESI Vault.
Incremental Collection: When new evidence comes into play, you can incrementally collect data sources without adding duplicates to the ESI Vault. An optional hands-off collection feature automates the collection process to incrementally collect and store relevant e-discovery data throughout the life span of a legal hold.