All too often, sensitive legal data ends up stored in an ad-hoc fashion on a fileshare device, making it hard to locate and control access to important information. It also makes it difficult to confidently dispose of information when data from a closed matter is also party to an open, active matter.
Many organizations have defaulted to storing their ESI on appliances supplied by EDRM culling tool vendors. These appliances are often cleverly devised to trigger paywall surcharges when storage limits are exceeded in collections. Organizations frequently resort to burdensome unloading and reloading of these appliances to stay within budget. As a result, they lose visibility and control over the e-discovery process.
Fusion ESI Vault™ is a modular component of the Exterro Fusion® Platform and provides a flexible storage facility for managing e-discovery processing.
- High availability: with redundancy built into file storage to protect against the loss of access to critical information.
- Scalability: to hundreds of terabytes collected from thousands of custodians for scores of matters and scrutinized concurrently by teams of discovery analyst/reviewers.
- Unified Management: for multi-national organizations who wish to operate several vaults to accommodate regional or local data privacy directives, Fusion’s distributed vault architecture comprehensively manages data without needing to copy and move data between vaults.
- Efficiency: with a compact search index size (<15% of original) and the ability of a single instance of a document to be tagged and analyzed across all matters in the system.
- Security: with encryption of documents retained in the repository and robust role-based access controls (RBAC) governing access to documents and processing notes.
- Simplicity: with the ability to conduct processing steps around a common store, reducing the need to create custom data extract and load files for disparate processing tools. Document labels and tags can be easily reused.
- Openness: with mechanisms for importing and exporting documents for review and production using EDRM XML and other file formats.
- Disposition: with collection records that can be automatically purged when a matter is fully resolved, reducing exposure to the risk of re-discovery.
- Defensibility: with periodic data integrity checks that compare hash values to certify the soundness of the collection archive. Extensive audit trails and chain-of-custody logs are constructed at each processing step and made available to legal teams in Discovery Workflow reports.